[NTG-context] ConTeXt minimal on chromebook

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 00:13:11 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 11:49 PM, John Kitzmiller wrote:

> Thank you Martin. I was not clear. I can run Debian and other *nix flavors
> on the chromebook by various methods and then have ConTeXt, but I would
> rather not 'dual boot.'
>
> What I am after is to have ConTeXt run 'natively,'

If you want to run ConTeXt "natively" on a Chromebook, you probably
need to run it on a cloud, right?

> if that is the right
> word/concept, on a chromebook core platform. From the chromebook shell I
> know I can run vim to edit files but I would like to compile them. (Viewing
> will be the next chapter!)

One thing that is not entirely clear to me is whether Chromebook is
running linux or not (that is: how wildly modified OS is it running).
At least it says
    your system "Linux armv7l"
Now the main question is whether the statically compiled binaries from
Debian are compatible with Chromebook or not.

In case they are not someone would need to compile new binaries on
regular basis (now that "regular basis" isn't that often as it used to
be, but you would need to do it at least once).

Mojca