[NTG-context] Euler with fallback

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 19:29:39 CET 2014

Am 16.02.2014 um 17:51 schrieb Sanjoy Mahajan <sanjoy at olin.edu>:

> Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> writes:
>
>> This is to announce that the latest beta supports creating virtual math
>> fonts with fallback. The main test case is to use Euler font with missing
>> characters taken from Pagella but the mechanism is general and can be used
>> to replace a specific set of math glyphs from a font.
>>
>> This feature is not extensively tested. As such it will be useful if
>> everyone interested in math fallback mechanism could test this out and
>> report any bugs or inconsistencies.
>
> I would like to test and hopefully use this setup for _Street-Fighting
> Science and Engineering_.  It should also give the setup a thorough
> workout.  But I can't quite get the preamble right.
>
> The test file below typesets text and math in palatino.
>
>  \usetypescriptfile[euler-with-pagella]

You have to load the typescript file for euler.

>  \definebodyfontenvironment[10.5pt]
>  \setupbodyfont[palatino,10.5pt]

When you use the palatino typeface context uses only the pagella math fonts.

To use palatino as text font and euler for math you have to create your own typeface collection:

\usetypescriptfile[euler]

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [pagella]          [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [dejavu]           [default] [rscale=0.9]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math]  [pagellaovereuler] [default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface,10.5pt]

\appendtoks \rm \to \everymathematics
\setupmathematics[lcgreek=normal, ucgreek=normal]

\starttext

\input knuth

\startplaceformula
  \startformula