[NTG-context] narrowered columns on background image?

Rudolf Bahr quasi at quasi.de
Fri Feb 14 07:11:35 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:52:44AM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> You have to use boxedcolumns environment because the normal columns environment doesn’t work in a frame.
>
> \setupexternalfigures[location={local,global,default}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \defineoverlay[muh][{\externalfigure[cow][width=\overlaywidth, height=\overlayheight]}]
>
> \startframed[width=max,height=0.4\textheight,background=muh,align=right,foregroundcolor=darkred]%
>   \startboxedcolumns[n=3]
>   It was a dark and stormy night. The rain came down in tons. The old captain
>   said: \quotation{Antonio, come and tell us a story!} And Antonio began as follows:
>   \quotation{It was a dark and stormy night. The rain ...}
>   \stopboxedcolumns
> \stopframed
>
> \stoptext

Yes, that's it, what I didn't know: boxedcolumns. Your example works very well, even with inserted
narrower environment:

\startframed[...]
  \startnarrower
    \startboxedcolumns[n=3]
    \stopboxedcolumns
  \stopnarrower
\stopframed

Many thanks, Wolfgang, for your patient explanation! You helped me so many times!

Rudolf