[NTG-context] suggestion on [option=TEX]

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Wed Feb 12 21:10:40 CET 2014

On 02/07/2014 12:36 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 06.02.2014 um 19:29 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
>> [...]
>> After reading the document, I think it could be achieved with:
>> [...]
>> But this doesn’t work. I must be missing something obvious.
>
> You have to add a comma after \letterpercent. You should also be
> careful with the text in the comments because commands are expanded,
> e.g. take a look at the \TeX in the comment.
>
> \setupbodyfont[dejavu]
>
> \defineprocessor[myescape][style=\ttbf,color=gray,left={\letterpercent}]
>
> \setuptyping[TEX][escape=myescape->{\letterpercent,}]
>
> \starttext
> \startTEX
> This is \TeX\ code % and this is a \TeX\ comment.
> \stopTEX
> \stoptext

Sorry for not having replied before and many thanks for your help, Wolfgang.

The code works as you told me. I really appreciate your help.

I have a further question about the option=TEX to color code. This was
my original issue, but I haven’t expressed myself clearly. The question
is directed primarily to Hans.

With option=TEX, comment seems to be the only element that isn’t colored
and formatted as a whole. Other elements are formatted as a whole and
the format even extends in multiple lines.

My question here isn’t technical (unless the described behavior is a
bug). The issue is on visual coherence. At least for newbies, it would
be better to differentiate visually between regular text and commented text.

Is there any reason not to format whole comments option=TEX? (Sorry, but
I don’t understand why this is different.)

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk