[NTG-context] Centering the last line in combination subcaptions

Jan Tosovsky j.tosovsky at email.cz
Sat Feb 8 00:07:00 CET 2014

On 2014-02-07 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2013-12-27 Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> >
> > If captions are long and the image narrow, they are typeset on
> > multiple lines. Default centering produces the ragged column -
> > both not very nice and difficult to read. When the alignment is
> > set to hanging, it looks better except the last line which is
> > not centered.

Finally fixed with align=last :-)

This is the improved example. The only remaining issue is an one empty line
between the image and the label when \startnarrower command is used.

Please compare two pages w/o this option set:

%\definefontfamily[palatino][rm][Palatino Linotype][features={default,
quality}]
%\setupbodyfont[palatino]
\setupnarrower[middle=-2.8cm]

\starttext
test
\startplacefigure[location=page, number=no, title={}]
\setupcombinations[align={last, hz, hanging}]
{\startcombination[1*2]
    {\externalfigure[cow]} {\startnarrower {\itx \input{tufte}}
\stopnarrower}
    {\externalfigure[cow]} {\startnarrower {\itx \input{lorem}}
\stopnarrower}
\stopcombination}
\stopplacefigure

\startplacefigure[location=page, number=no, title={}]
\setupcombinations[align={last, hz, hanging}]
{\startcombination[1*2]
    {\externalfigure[cow]} {\itx \input{ward}}
    {\externalfigure[cow]} {\itx \input{ward}}
\stopcombination}
\stopplacefigure

\stoptext

I haven't find any better way to extend the caption width than that negative
value for narrowed text. It works, but that empty space above looks weird
:-(

Thanks for any suggestions,

Jan