[NTG-context] another question on simplefonts

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 00:39:08 CET 2014

Am 04.02.2014 um 21:19 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es>:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I have the following code:
>
> \definefontfeature[fakeslanted][slant=.25]
> \definefontfamily[mainface][serif][TeX Gyre Pagella][slantedfont={*
> Regular},sl=features:fakeslanted]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
> \starttext
> This is {\em slanted}.
> \stoptext
>
> But I don’t know how to define "slantedfont={* Regular}" with the new
> syntax. "sl=style:tf" or "sl=style:regular" don’t work (the italic font
> is the slanted one).
>
> Which is the right way to do it in the new version of simplefonts?

\definefontfeature[fakeslanted][slant=.25]

\definefontfamily[mainface][serif][TeX Gyre Pagella][sl={style:regular,features:{default,fakeslanted}}]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
This is {\em slanted}.
\stoptext

> BTW, I think I should update the simplefonts article in the wiki to add
> the new syntax.
>
> After reading the font-sel.mkvi file, I have two questions:
>
> Which are the option keys that come before a colon? I mean, taking
> tf=style:bf as a sample, they would be style, file, features? Which ones
> am I missing?

The choose a certain font/style for a alternative you can use:

- name
- file
- style
- spec

Local features can be applied with:

- features

Patches etc. from a feature will can be applied with:

- goodies

> How about a new range preset for Hebrew?

What is needed for this preset?

Wolfgang