[NTG-context] two question on ConTeXt terminology

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Feb 2 21:44:25 CET 2014

Dear list,

I’m writing a document on ConTeXt and I have two questions on
terminology. As I have been using LaTeX over a decade, I don’t know
whether my descriptions are accurate in ConTeXt.

Don’t worry, My questions are extremely basic ;-).

What is the name for the part of the document that comes before
\starttext? The ConTeXt manual seems to use preamble, but I would like
to confirm this use.

The other question is more tricky. Or at least I don’t find an obvious
answer. Which is the correct expression to name any
\start...-\stop....structure? Environment would be the LaTeX term, but
this is reserved in ConTeXt.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--