[NTG-context] Testpage with extras

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jan 31 11:18:02 CET 2014


On 1/31/2014 10:46 AM, Keith J. Schultz wrote:

> Personally, I find the names used sub-optimal!

we had testpage and that one stays anyway and checkpage is close to that 
(overloading testpage with a new syntax is messy)

> I would think something like conditionalbreak or conditionalpagebreak
> would be better and verbose.

the new check command could evolve in more than break .. in fact it just 
checks and then does some action (not per se a break)

> Other names could be ifpagelength, ifpagelengthstill, leftonpage, or
> something similar.

one can say

\definepagechecker[leftonpage]

and then use it like

\chechpage[leftonpage]

> I assume you have implemented checkpage as an added layer on top
> of testpage!

no, the reverse

> At least the test is if X lines left on page or still fit on page!
>
> I also have a question. Are the commands setuppagechecker sothat
>
> \definepagechecker[whatever]
>
> \setuppagechecker[whatever]
>   [lines=35,
>    voffset=10pt,
>    before={\vfill\wordright{(see next page)}\par},
>    after=\noindentation]
>
> and also
>
> \checkpage [lines=35,
>    voffset=10pt,
>    before={\vfill\wordright{(see next page)}\par},
>    after=\noindentation]

in that case you use those values, while

\checkpage
   [whatever]
   [lines=12]

would overload given whatever values

  > Question: what is the voffset used for? Line height? If so then a 
better
> name for this
> would be nice, too!

it's 'offset' ... and it's like the second argument of testpage (i can't 
think of another key so i've chosen one that already is part of context, 
which has advantages)

> regards
> Keith.
>
> Am 30.01.2014 um 22:23 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl
> <mailto:pragma at wxs.nl>>:
> [snip, snip]
>> new in beta .... please wikify ...
>>
>> \definepagechecker
>>  [whatever]
>>  [lines=35,
>>   voffset=10pt,
>>   before={\vfill\wordright{(see next page)}\par},
>>   after=\noindentation]
>>
>> \setupindenting[yes,9pt,first]
>>
>> \starttext
>>    \noindentation
>>    \input knuth\par
>>    \input knuth\par
>>    \noindentation
>>    \input knuth\par
>>    \checkpage[whatever]
>>    \input knuth\par
>>    \input knuth\par
>> \stoptext
>>
>> ... i assume that others (read: Wolfgang) will check if the old
>> testpage is compatible -)
>>
>> Hans
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>>                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>>              Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>>    tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 |www.pragma-ade.com
>> <http://www.pragma-ade.com/>
>>                                             |www.pragma-pod.nl
>> <http://www.pragma-pod.nl/>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>> ___________________________________________________________________________________
>> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry
>> to the Wiki!
>>
>> maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl <mailto:ntg-context at ntg.nl> /
>> http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
>> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
>> archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
>> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
>> ___________________________________________________________________________________
>
>
>
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
> If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the Wiki!
>
> maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
> archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net
> ___________________________________________________________________________________
>


-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
               Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
     tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl
-----------------------------------------------------------------


More information about the ntg-context mailing list