[NTG-context] Ubuntu Light font

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:22:05 CET 2014

Am 29.01.2014 um 09:04 schrieb Flavien Lambert <petit.lepton at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
> back to the ubuntu font again, I realized that ligatures are not used. I thought it was automatic with OTF type fonts. Is there anything special to add to get the ligatures?

Ligatures are used for the font but the difference between the characters without ligatures is minimal. When you process the following document you can see the difference between the f-combinations without (top picture) and with (bottom picture) ligatures.

\define[2]\Test
  {\startTEXpage[offset=1ex]
     \vbox\bgroup \offinterlineskip
       \ruledhbox{\definedfont[file:#1*none    sa 10]#2}
       \ruledhbox{\definedfont[file:#1*default sa 10]#2}
     \egroup
   \stopTEXpage}

\starttext

% TeX Gyre Termes Regular