[NTG-context] Ubuntu Light font

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 13:31:24 CET 2014

Am 28.01.2014 um 02:34 schrieb Flavien Lambert <petit.lepton at gmail.com>:

> Still another question...I managed to have the ubuntu light for both regular and italic as well as greek letters in the text but I am still unable to obtain greek letters in math text. Could you indicate to me the right way?
> Thanks,
> F.
>
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans] [Ubuntu] [regularfont=ubuntulight,,italicfont=ubuntulightitalic,boldfont=ubuntu]
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Ubuntu] [preset=math:lowercaseitalic,tf=style:light]
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Ubuntu] [preset=range:greek,tf=style:light]
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Ubuntu] [preset=math:digitsnormal,tf=style:light]
> \definefontfamily     [mainface] [math] [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]

You tried “range:greek” but this is wrong because the preset can only be used for normal greek text, in math mode you have to choose one of the following presets:

- math:lowercasegreeknormal
- math:lowercasegreekitalic
- math:uppercasegreeknormal
- math:uppercasegreekitalic
- math:lowercasegreekbold
- math:lowercasegreekbolditalic
- math:uppercasegreekbold
- math:uppercasegreekbolditalic

To use the lightitalic style of the ubuntu font you have to use the name of file methods because there is no lightitalic pattern for the style method (but I try add it).

\definefontfamily [mainface] [sans] [Ubuntu] [tf=style:light]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Ubuntu] [preset=math:lowercaseitalic,tf=style:light]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Ubuntu] [preset=math:digitsnormal,tf=style:light]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Ubuntu] [preset=math:lowercasegreekitalic,tf=name:ubuntulightitalic]

\definefontfamily     [mainface] [math] [TeX Gyre Pagella Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface,11pt]

\starttext
123 \math{123 \alpha\beta\gamma}
\stoptext