[NTG-context] Change the default text colour for entire document

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 00:24:03 CET 2014

Am 22.01.2014 um 02:15 schrieb Thangalin <thangalin at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> In ConTeXt to change the default text colour for the entire document,
> there are at least two settings that need to be configured:
>
>  \setupcolors[textcolor=red]
>  \setupinmargin[line=13,color=red,style=slanted,]
>
> The border colour for tables remains black:
>
> \setupcolors[textcolor=red]
> \setupinmargin[color=red]
>
> \starttext
> {\bTABLE
> \bTR \bTD One \eTD \bTD Two \eTD \eTR
> \eTABLE}
> \stoptext
>
> How can you override *all* instances of black? (Ideally there would be
> a single setting that is inherited by all.) That is, it is difficult
> to know all the various aspects of a ConTeXt document that use the
> default black colour -- margins, body text, table borders, and
> possibly more that I don't know about.

Notes (local notes excluded because they use a different placement system)
and margin texts ignore the global text color because both mechanism reset
colors and many other settings to avoid unwanted output from local changes
in the main text etc.

Even though there is a comment about this problem for margin notes in
the source it wasn’t fixed yet but I think it makes sense to to so.

The problem with the black frames for natural tables are a result of the explicit
framecolor setup for it (I guess to avoid problems when you use metapost
backgrounds which use the framecolor value). A possible way to fix this is to
add a framecolor setup to \setupcolors which argument is now used as default
color for the frame of natural tables, this way can use this color also in other
commands (core functions as well as third party modules) to set a default value.

Wolfgang