[NTG-context] definefontfamily options for caps and capsbold fonts

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 22:54:22 CET 2014

Am 26.01.2014 um 00:07 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es>:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> with the new simplefonts interface I have two options that used to work
> with the old interface, but that don’t work now.
>
> Here is the command:
>
> \definefontfamily[mainface][mono][ryt1xtt][capsfont=ryt1xttsc,
> boldfont=ryt1xbtt, capsboldfont=ryt1xttsc]
>
> I get mono the bold font, but I cannot get mono small caps or mono bold
> small caps.

You can set the smallcaps font with the “smallcapsfont” key but I suggest
to use the new keys instead because the old ones will disappear at one point.

\definefontfamily[…][…][…][bf=file:ryt1xbtt,sc=file:ryt1xttsc]

The bold caps font you want to use is not possible with the \definefontfamily
command because context doesn’t provide a command to use it by default.

> Is alternative=simplefonts the right way to make them work? (They work
> fine with this option, but I have the impression of using old code.)

The simplefonts alternative works better when you have the small caps
in a separate file (I will look if I can do something for the default alternative
to support this there as well) but I won’t use it because the algorithm
can fail in some cases.

Wolfgang