[NTG-context] Simpleton bibliography

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 26 11:30:29 CET 2014

On 1/26/2014 1:01 AM, john Culleton wrote:
> A very recent (Jan 21) wiki article lists this
> example for a simple bibliography:
> -----------------------------
> \usebtxdataset
>    [mybibfile.bib]
> \setupbtxrendering
>    [numbering=yes]
> ---------------------------------
> Now that is simple enough for starters.
>
> Question 1: What are the other options for
> \setupbtxrendering and what do they do? (In my
> world Bibliographies are seldom numbered.)
>
> Question 2: Suppose I want to follow a different
> standard, other than APA, such as harvard or
> Chicago or whatever: where do I code that
> choice and how? Are bst files still in play?
>
> Question 3: url is mentioned. Does that mean that
> url can actually used as a data field name?
>
> I am of the KISS persuasion (Keep It Simple
> Silly). All of furbelows and feathers that
> fascinate real experts are not my cup of code.
> Bless the real experts, without them there would
> be no TeX or Context, but I am not of their clan.
>
> All I want to do is:
>
> A: Create a list of books properly encoded in
> bibtex or similar style. Probably all the entries
> will be @book types.
>
> B: print items out of that list as I choose them
> with \cite or \nocite in a backmatter chapter
> called "references" or "bibliography".

this new bib interface is still in development and should not be used in
production at all ... it's in the beta because that makes testing for
Alan, Thomas, Luigi and me easier. It will take a few month before it's
ready. The wiki has some info but again, that's an experiment where
luigi creates pages from the export of the manual-in-flux.