[NTG-context] \placeinitial after a heading

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 24 17:54:00 CET 2014

Hi,

If I attempt to insert a drop cap after a heading while the paragraph
indentation is enabled, I get the following effect: all lines the drop
cap spans except the first one (e. g. second and third in case of n=3)
get an additional indent, equal to the \parindent. For example:

\setupinitial[font=Bold sa 4,n=3]
\setupindenting[yes,1em]

\starttext

\section{Knuth}

\placeinitial
\input knuth

\stoptext

I suppose this is not the intended behavior :) The problem doesn't
occur if I enable indenting also for the first paragraph after the
heading, but in this case, of course, the drop cap itself is indented
together with its adjacent lines. So the following workaround is
possible:

\setupinitial[font=Bold sa 4,n=3,
hoffset=\parindent,distance=-\parindent]
\setuphead[section][indentnext=yes]

Nevertheless it would be nice if this issue could be fixed.

Also, is it possible to explicitly apply case conversion commands to a
drop cap? Setting the 'style' option to \WORD or \word currently seems
to have no effect.

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Faculty of History