[NTG-context] enable kerning with discretionary hyphen

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Jan 19 18:51:54 CET 2014

Dear list,

as I have asked in a previous message to the list, I wanted to be able
to hyphenate \ConTeXt.

Aditya kindly suggested the use of \discretionary, but this has an
unintended collateral effect: kerning is disabled in the word.

I can specify kerning with \discretionary, such as in:

\def\ConTeXt{Con\discretionary{-}{}{\kern-.06em}\TeX{}t}

But this also has another consequence: this works right for Pagella
regular, but this is wrong with the italic font or in small caps (also
with the bold or bold italic fonts, but I don’t use them).

\hyphenation would be the way to solve this, but I don’t know how to
make it work:

\def\ConTeXt{Con\TeX{}t}
\hyphenation{Con-\TeX}
\starttext