[NTG-context] A problem with itemize in columns - once again, now with an MWE

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 16:19:48 CET 2014

Am 17.01.2014 um 16:05 schrieb Marcin Borkowski <mbork at wmi.amu.edu.pl>:

> Hi all,
>
> once again I have a problem with itemization in columns.  This time, I
> finally managed to isolate the problem and prepare an MWE.  The
> problem does not appear with Latin Modern fonts, but does with Pagella
> (I didn't test other fonts).  It seems that the height of the square
> root sign is too high.  \smash-ing helps, but I'd prefer not to have
> to \smash things manually.  Can anything be done about this?  (Note:
> I'm using the latest beta.  In some earlier versions, \smash-ing
> didn't help, so it's not something of high priority for me now.  But
> if it's something easy to fix, I'd be thankful.)

You can increase the linespacing in the itemize.

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\startsetups[itemize:before]
  \blank
  \begingroup
  \setupinterlinespace[medium]
\stopsetups

\startsetups[itemize:after]
  \endgroup
  \blank
\stopsetups

\starttext

\startitemize[columns,two,packed][before=\directsetup{itemize:before},after=\directsetup{itemize:after}]
\item abc
\item \math{a^2}
\item xyz
\item \math{\frac{1}{2}}