[NTG-context] A problem with itemize in columns - once again, now with an MWE

Marcin Borkowski mbork at wmi.amu.edu.pl
Fri Jan 17 16:05:20 CET 2014

Hi all,

once again I have a problem with itemization in columns.  This time, I
finally managed to isolate the problem and prepare an MWE.  The
problem does not appear with Latin Modern fonts, but does with Pagella
(I didn't test other fonts).  It seems that the height of the square
root sign is too high.  \smash-ing helps, but I'd prefer not to have
to \smash things manually.  Can anything be done about this?  (Note:
I'm using the latest beta.  In some earlier versions, \smash-ing
didn't help, so it's not something of high priority for me now.  But
if it's something easy to fix, I'd be thankful.)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\setupbodyfont[pagella]
\starttext
\startitemize[columns,two,packed]% with "packed", it's also wrong, but in another way
\item abc
\item $a^2$
\item xyz
\item $\frac12$
\item foo
\item bar
\item baz
\item $\sqrt{2}$% \smash-ing helps, but I'd prefer not to have to smash...
\item asdf
\item qwerty
\stopitemize
\stoptext