[NTG-context] Disable balancing of page bottoms

Joshua Krämer joshua.kraemer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 15:44:53 CET 2014

I have found out that I had interpreted the problem wrongly.  It is
not a problem of balancing, it is a problem of the layout macros.  I
use a different page layout for the titlepage and switch to the main
layout later.  This switch is in the front matter part, which results
in the new layout being respected for one page only.  Somehow for
subsequent pages, the layout is wrong.

Here's a MWE:

\definelayout[Titlelayout][width=10cm,height=10cm,header=0cm,footer=0cm]
\definelayout[Mainlayout][width=10cm,height=25cm,header=0cm,footer=0cm]
\showframe

\definestartstop[Titlepage][
	before={\setuplayout[Titlelayout]},
	after={
		\page[yes]
		\setuplayout[Mainlayout]
		}]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter
\startTitlepage
Title
\stopTitlepage
\stopfrontmatter

\dorecurse{5}{\input{knuth}}

\placetable[270,page]{none}
{\setupTABLE[option=stretch, textwidth=25cm]
\bTABLE \bTR \bTD 1 \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \eTR \eTABLE}

\dorecurse{5}{\input{knuth}}

\stoptext

The frames are drawn correctly on all pages.  But only page 2 is filled
with text completely.  On subsequent pages, the real layout seems to be
too short.  If I remove \startfrontmatter and \stopfrontmatter, the
problem disappears.  It also works if I input \setuplayout[Mainlayout]
in the preamble, which is cleaner anyway because it is independent of
the titlepage macros.

Kind regards,
Joshua Krämer