[NTG-context] Invoice Example

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Tue Jan 14 01:13:48 CET 2014

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 13:49:39 +0600
Henning Hraban Ramm <texml at fiee.net> wrote:

> Am 2014-01-02 um 21:07 schrieb
> hwitloc at gmail.com:

There are horses for courses. I write invoices
using plain pdftex. Not much code required, I just
change the data fields for each new iteration. I
also use the antique TeXsis tables for structure.
Here is an example:
 \input TXSruled.tex
\def\today{\ifcase\month\or
January\or February\or March\or April\or
May\or June\or July\or August\or
September \or October\or November\or December\fi
\space\number\day, \number\year}

\nopagenumbers
\parindent=0pt
\parskip=0pt
\font\bigss=cmss17 at 25pt
\centerline{\bigss INVOICE}
\noncenteredtables
\vskip .25in
\hrule height 1.5pt
\bigskip
\line{\hfill Date: \today}
\vskip .25in
\line{\ruledtable
VENDOR \cr
John Culleton \hfill\crnorule
2401 Haight Avenue\hfill\crnorule
Eldersburg, MD 21784 \hfill\endruledtable
\hfill
\ruledtable
CUSTOMER\cr
Independent Contract Services\hfill\crnorule
Landmark Community Newspapers\hfill\crnorule
Carroll County Times\hfill\crnorule
P.O. Box 346\hfill\crnorule
Westminster, MD 21158\hfill\endruledtable
}
\centeredtables
\bigskip
\ruledtable
Item\dbl Desc|Date |Amount \cr
  1 \dbl \para{Column}| Dec 10 2013|\$40.00*  \cr
  2 \dbl \para{Column}| Dec 24 2013|\$40.00  \cr
\dbl \multispan2 \hfil TOTAL: |
\$80.00\endruledtable \def\uline#1{\vrule height
0pt depth .75pt width #1 in}

\centerline{\bf DIRECT DEPOSIT HAS BEEN REQUESTED}
{\baselineskip=25pt
\vskip 30pt

Signed:\uline{2}
\vskip 30pt

Approved:\uline{2} \hfill Approved Date:\uline{1.5}\break}
%%Begin addressing code for reverse side.
\vfil\eject\null
\vskip -.5in
\moveleft .75truein
\vbox{{\bf John Culleton}\par
2401 Haight Ave\par
Eldersburg MD 21784\par
}
\vskip 30pt
\moveright 3truein
\vbox{\obeylines
Independent Contract Services
Landmark Community Newspapers
Carroll County Times
P.O. Box 346
Westminster, MD 21158
}\vfill
\bye
 I print the first page, flip the
 paper, print the address info, and fold the
 paper into threes. Glue the edge, affix a stamp
 and mail.

Run the above code and look at the results.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press