[NTG-context] kpfonts, math, type 1 font

Elspeth McGullicuddy elspethmcgullicuddy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 04:54:10 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 8:48 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can also put the goodies files and the typescript file in the same
> folder as your test files which makes it easier to test them and to make
> changes. When you’re finished you can let us take a look at them
> and Hans can add them to the core.

Two files: kpfonts-math.lfg and testfile004.tex.

It works rather well with the formulas of that file:
https://github.com/khaledhosny/euler-otf/blob/master/tests/test.tex.

Main issue: $\bf \Gamma$ produces "medium" \Gamma, though:
["kpfonts-bf"] = {...
            { name = "jkpbmia",  vector = "tex-mr", skewchar=0x7F },
should make it bold.
Why is this vector never selected?

Other issue: Two consecutive \Gamma, are overlapping a lot.

In case I add a vector for a script font which is in jkpsyd.pfb. What
font switch would be used to select this vector (vector="tex-md")?

Chris