[NTG-context] Malayalam shaping with mkiv/LuaTeX

Rajeesh K Nambiar rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 23:02:22 CET 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 08.01.2014 um 22:51 schrieb Rajeesh K Nambiar <rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
>> <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Am 08.01.2014 um 22:27 schrieb Rajeesh K Nambiar
>>> <rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I just did a clean install of beta to be sure and the issue persists.
>>> Indeed there is no 'start' at line 879 in my system as well. I tried
>>> on two different systems (both are 32 bit Linux). Are you able to
>>> compile the test file?
>>>

>>> I can process your example without problem even though the output doesn’t
>>> like for all cases like the text in the image.
>>>
>>> BTW: Can you attach your test file.
>>
>> Thanks for checking, Wolfgang.
>> Attached the test file.
>
> Remove \usemodule[font-odv], the code is part of the core and reloading it causes only problems.

Indeed, that fixes the compilation! And 2-part matras are fine now.
But the output (shaping) is not what is expected as you have observed. Notably:
1.  When a pre-base matra follows the "akhn" ligatures are broken
2. "pref", "pstf" and "blwf" ligatures are not formed

--
Regards,
Rajeesh