[NTG-context] Mixing math and text font

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 20:39:30 CET 2014

Am 08.01.2014 um 11:52 schrieb Joshua Krämer <joshua.kraemer at gmail.com>:

> Am Sat, 04 Jan 2014 19:50:24 +0100 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
>
>> You have to switch from the simplefonts module to the new fontfamily
>> command (a new built-in system which replaces simplefonts) to set the
>> fonts for your document. [...]
>
> Thank you, it functions as intended.  I suppose this mechanism works with
> Opentype math fonts only?

Yes, you need an opentype math font but when it would be possible to use the fallback
mechanism with a virtual math font the \definefallbackfamily can’t be used for them.

> However, I'm glad to know ConTeXt's font handling is evolving!

The support of the fallback mechanism for math fonts was a recent addition from Hans.

The new \definefontfamily commands are part of the new version of the simplefonts
module which tries to stay closer to context normal typeface mechanism.

Wolfgang