[NTG-context] Multipage xtables starts at the wrong page

Marco Pallante marco.pallante at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:17:48 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm using ConTeXt to write a technical manual and I'm facing with some
strange behavior I don't know how to overcome.

I need a multipage table and I'm using the xtables. This is a (stripped
down) version of a part of my document:

\mainlanguage [en]

\setupxtable
  [externaldocs]
  [split=repeat, header=repeat, bodyfont=8pt, foregroundstyle=\ss,
   option=stretch, align=middle, frame=off, bottomframe=on,
   framecolor=elitalblue]
\setupxtable
  [externaldocsheader]
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=black, foregroundcolor=white,
   foregroundstyle=\ss\bf]

\starttext

\chapter{Introduction}

\startxtable [externaldocs]
  \startxtablehead
    \startxrow [externaldocsheader]
      \startxcell AD No. \stopxcell
      \startxcell Title \stopxcell
      \startxcell Doc No. \stopxcell
      \startxcell Issue \stopxcell
      \startxcell Date \stopxcell
      \startxcell Applicability \stopxcell
    \stopxrow
  \stopxtablehead

  \startxtablebody
  \dorecurse{60}{
    \startxrow
      \startxcell AD No. \stopxcell
      \startxcell Title \stopxcell
      \startxcell Doc No. \stopxcell
      \startxcell Issue \stopxcell
      \startxcell Date \stopxcell
      \startxcell Applicability \stopxcell
    \stopxrow
  }
  \stopxtablebody
\stopxtable

\stoptext

What I get, however, is a table that starts at page 2 and not just after
the chapter head.

If the number of rows is smaller and the table fit the first page, then
it starts at the right place.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much,

Marco