[NTG-context] kpfonts, math, type 1 font

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 7 16:32:06 CET 2014

On 1/7/2014 4:35 AM, Elspeth McGullicuddy wrote:

> The Garamond-math one might be that: "mdugm-math.lfg:
>
> return {
>      name = "mdugm-math",
>      version = "1.00",
>      comment = "Math fonts that complement URW Garamond.",
>      author = "Hans, Mojca, Aditya",
>      copyright = "ConTeXt development team",
>      mathematics = {
>          mapfiles = {
>              "mdugm.map",
>              "mkiv-base.map",
>          },
>          virtuals = {
>              ["mdugm-rm"] = {
>                  { name = "file:ugmr8a", features = "virtualmath", main = true },
>                  { name = "mdugmr7m",  vector = "tex-mr", skewchar=0x7F },
>                  { name = "mdugmri7m", vector = "tex-mi", skewchar=0x7F },
>                  { name = "mdugmri7m", vector = "tex-it", skewchar=0x7F },
>                  { name = "mdugmm7m",  vector = "tex-bf", skewchar=0x7F },
>                  { name = "mdugmmi7m", vector = "tex-bi", skewchar=0x7F },
>                  { name = "mdugmr7y",  vector = "tex-sy",
> skewchar=0x30, parameters = true },
>                  { name = "mdugmr7v",  vector = "tex-ex", extension = true },
>                  { name = "mdugmrma",  vector = "tex-ma" },
>                  { name = "mdugmrmb",  vector = "tex-mb" },
>              },
>              ["mdugm-bf"] = {
>                  { name = "file:ugmm8a", features = "virtualmath", main = true },
>                  { name = "mdugmm7m",  vector = "tex-mr", skewchar=0x7F },
>                  { name = "mdugmmi7m", vector = "tex-mi", skewchar=0x7F },
>                  { name = "mdugmmi7m", vector = "tex-it", skewchar=0x7F },
>                  { name = "mdugmm7y",  vector = "tex-sy",
> skewchar=0x30, parameters = true },
>                  { name = "mdugmm7v",  vector = "tex-ex", extension = true },
>                  { name = "mdugmmma",  vector = "tex-ma" },
>                  { name = "mdugmmmb",  vector = "tex-mb" },
>              }
>          }
>      }
> }

indeed you have to make such a table for any math font combination you
want (when using type 1 fonts)

> In this example, I believe the files involved are tfm files
> (ugmr8a.tfm, mdugmr7m.vf, in
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/texlive-fonts-extra/filelist)
>
> Note: the afm files of kpfonts are ziped in the doc directory.
> And I've got vf files, 688 of them.

normally you don't need more files than the ones you mention in the
table; best prevent too much polution of your tree by tfm/vf files

(if you know exactly what you need you can make a path fonts/data/xxx/
and put all relevant files there so that you keep the overview)