[NTG-context] Persian numbers for page numbering

Mingranina Gingranina mingranina at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 08:48:57 CET 2013

On 11/30/13, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 29.11.2013 um 16:49 schrieb Mingranina Gingranina
> <mingranina at gmail.com>:
>
>> Dear All,
>> Hello,
>>
>> How can I force ConTeXt to use Persian numbers for page numbering?
>
> \setuppagenumber[numberconversion=persiannumerals]

Dear Wolfgang,
Hello,

First of all let me thank you very much for your reply.

With the above command the page number is now typeset in Persian, but
it uses Persian letters not Persian digits. My code is:

\definefontfeature [persian] [arabic] % [...]

\usemodule[simplefonts]

\setmainfont[dejavusans][features=persian]

\mainlanguage[pe]

\setuppagenumbering[conversion=numbers]

\setuppagenumber[numberconversion=persiannumerals]

\starttext

    \setupalign[r2l]

 \page[2]

    \definedfont[dejavusans*persian]

    این یک آزمایش است.

    \setupalign[l2r]

    This is a test.

\stoptext

The PDF output is also atteched to this message.

Yours
Mingranina

Persian