[NTG-context] [***SPAM***] OT: Generating Command reference from source code

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 20:20:19 CET 2013

Am 04.12.2013 um 20:11 schrieb Jan Tosovsky <j.tosovsky at email.cz>:

> On 2013-12-04 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

>>> where is it stored?
>>
>> The english interface is stored in the file cont-en.xml, the path for
>> the file on my system is
>>
>>    /Users/wolf/context/beta/tex/texmf-
>> context/tex/context/interface/cont-en.xml
>>
>> A PDF with all commands from the files is available here:
>> http://pragma-ade.com/show-man-10.htm
>
> Thanks. Interesting to see what can be found on my PC :-)

You can produce the PDF yourself with "context --global x-set-12.mkiv“.

> Unfortunately there isn't even minimal description what the particular
> command does :-(

The file shows only the syntax of the command, when you want a description of the command
you have to writer this yourself. To show which keys and values are available for each command
you can load a single one of them from the big file.

> And what is the purpose of those localized versions?

ConTeXt has a multilingual interface where you can use dutch, french etc. command names, e.g.

    \starttext
    …
    \stoptext

is written as