[NTG-context] pstrics module again

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Nov 25 19:55:07 CET 2013

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, DesdeChaves wrote:

> Dear sirs
>
> The pstrics module don't work anymore. I tried to run this simple code but
> I found a lot of errors.
>
> \usemodule[pstric]
> \starttext
> \startPSTRICKS
> \pspicture(0,0)(20,20)
> \psline(0,0)(20,20)
> \psline(1,1)(10,10)
> \endpspicture
> \stopPSTRICKS
> \stoptext

It appears that pstrick files are no longer part of the standalone
distribution, but if you copy a bunch of files, then the above example
does work.

> This module is no longer supported?
> There is still any hope of being able to use pstric and some of its
> extensions (pst-spectra, for example)?

This is what I did.

1. Compile the file. You get an error that some pstrick file is missing.
Locate that file in the texlive directory and copy it to the current
directory.

2. Repeat until you get an error that \ifx! is not a valid control
sequence.

3. Run `grep ifx! *.tex` and change all the "\ifx!#1" to "\ifx !#1".

4. Then you get an error that colo-rgb is missing. Copy colo-rgb.mkii to
the current directory as colo-rgb.tex.

5. Then you get a error message the some .pro file is missing. Find that
file from the texlive directory and copy it to the current directory.
Repeat until all errors are resolved.

Finally you'll get the correct output.

So it seems that if pstricks is added back to the minimals (so that errors
in step 1 and 5 don't happen), then it should be straightforward to get it
to work with context. (Just load the file with the correct catcode regime,
so that ! is a other character, and the error in step 2-3 will not
happen). THe error in step 3 is easy to fix by editing m-pstricks.

Aditya