[NTG-context] EPUB woes

Bill Meahan subscribed_lists at meahan.net
Sat Nov 16 19:15:04 CET 2013

On 11/16/2013 12:37 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2013, Bill Meahan wrote:
>
>> I would /expect/ to get a valid EPUB file, or so I'm lead to believe.
>>

> 1. Wait until the EPUB readers catch up. It took almost 10-15 years
> for the browsers to catch up with the HTML standards, and I don't have
> much hope for EPUB readers here. Last I checked, none of them
> supported even MATHML-2.
>
> 2. Write a script (either using xmlproc, or using you favorite XML
> parser in your favorite language) that converts the XML generated by
> ConTeXt into a "standard" XHTML file. This is the easiest and the
> least time consuming alternative.
>
> 3. Modify the way in which ConTeXt generates the XML files. Ideally, I
> should be able to write something like
>
> ~~~
> \setupparagraph[tag=p, class=default]
> ~~~
>
> to tell context that \startparagraph ... \stopparagraph should
> translate to `<p class="default"> ... </p>". Last I checked the code
> that generates the XML file, there was no easy way to change the tags
> and classes.
>
> I hope that the above description clarifies the situation.
>
> Aditya

Thanks for the clarification.

--
Bill Meahan, Westland, Michigan

   “Writing is like getting married. One should never
    commit oneself until one is amazed at one's luck.”

                                —Iris Murdoch

This message is digitally signed with an X.509 certificate
to prove it is from me and has not been altered since it was sent.