[NTG-context] how to include sans, bold and size in \setuptab[headstyle=???]

Lars Huttar lars_huttar at sil.org
Mon Nov 11 22:45:49 CET 2013

>> Lars Huttar <mailto:lars_huttar at sil.org>
>> 11. November 2013 18:00
>> I finally tried
>>
>> \setuptab[headstyle={\ssbf \switchtobodyfont[18pt]}]
>>
>> and that works! But it seems clunky: it looks like it requires two font
>> switches, which I'm told makes things slower.
>>
>> And I can't help wondering if I'm missing some simpler way.
>> Is there a more efficient or elegant way to do this?
>>
> \definefont[BigBoldSans][SansBold at 18pt]
>
> \setuptab[headstyle=BigBoldSans]

OK, but in order to use this systematically, I would have to have a
\definefont for every potential combination of font style (serif/sans),
alternative (bold/italic/etc.), and size that will get used in the
document. In a large, complex book, that extra layer of indirection
seems unattractive. But maybe there's no better way to do it.

Lars