[NTG-context] setting size for mainfont or sansfont in stable simplefonts

Lars Huttar lars_huttar at sil.org
Wed Nov 6 23:27:36 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm using the simplefonts module from TeX Live 2013. (I can't use the
new simplefonts for this production project, due to stability requirements.)

I have the following, which works well for the most part:

\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]

\usemodule[simplefonts][size=9.2pt]

\setmainfont[Gentium Book Basic]
\setsansfont[Tex Gyre Heros]

\starttext

Serif typeface: regular, {\em italic}, {\bf bold} and {\bf\em bold
italic} styles.

\ss Sans--serif typeface: regular, {\em italic}, {\bf bold} and {\bf\em
bold italic} styles.

\stoptext

Because the Tex Gyre Heros font is larger than Gentium Book Basic at a
given point size, when I compile this document, there is a size mismatch
between the serif and the sans typefaces. So I looked for a way to give
the sans font a smaller default size. I couldn't find an example of such
at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/simplefonts. I tried this:

\setsansfont[Tex Gyre Heros][size=8pt]

but it didn't seem to have any effect.

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do? I could use
\switchtobodyfont[8pt] every time I go to sans, but I don't think that's
the intention of simplefonts.

Thanks,
Lars