[NTG-context] MacOsX Mavericks and Luatex

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Oct 25 10:49:03 CEST 2013

On 10/24/2013 10:00 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 24.10.2013 um 09:45 schrieb Pierre Bovet <pierre67 at me.com>:
>
>> OK, that was not a good example…
>> But the the message above is coming with any other otf fonts:
>>
>> fonts           > names > globbing path '/Library/Fonts/**.ttf'
>>
>> mtx-context     | fatal error: no return code, message: luatex: execution interrupted
>
> Can you remove the Skia.ttf (copy it to another directory) font from /Library/Fonts,
> this helped on my system to get rid of the error message.

It is definitely Skia.ttf itself, and not its permissions. After my
upgrade to Mavericks, I got a fresh Skia.ttf (491796 bytes), and even
though the permissions were fine (644), it crashes luatex, standalone
fontforge, and ttx.

Actually, changing the file permissions to 000 (not readable by anyone)
fixed context's use of system fonts.

ttx says: TT instructions error: 'illegal opcode: 0x91'; texlua and
fontforge just crash on an undefined glyph in the internals of the font.

Best wishes,
Taco