[NTG-context] issue with layers and layouts

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:29:01 CEST 2013

Am 21.10.2013 um 18:28 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es>:

> I want the text flow to avoid the layer "avoidasfloat" as it avoids the
> figures.
>
> \definelayer[avoidasfloat][x=0mm, y=0mm, hoffset=8mm,
> voffset=101mm,location={right,bottom}, state=start]
> \setlayer[avoidasfloat]{\startMPcode
>  draw (0mm,0mm)--(55mm,0mm) ;
>  draw (0mm,0mm)--(0mm,-86mm) ;
>  draw (0mm,-86mm)--(55mm,-86mm) ;
>  draw (55mm,-86mm)--(55mm,0mm) ;
>  \stopMPcode
> }
> \setupbackgrounds[page][background={avoidasfloat}]
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{40}{\input knuth\placefigure[right]{}{}\par}
> \stoptext
>
> Layer has text inside in the sample above. I’d like to have it as a float.
>
> Many thanks for your help,

You can use positioned layers (mentioned in the metafun manual but currently broken in MkIV)
but you have to place the layer with a float to reserve the necessary space.

% engine=pdftex

\definelayer[avoidasfloat][position=yes]

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=avoidasfloat]

\starttext

\placefigure[right,none]{}{\setlayer[avoidasfloat]{\startMPcode draw unitsquare scaled 4cm ; \stopMPcode}}
\input knuth

\stoptext

Wolfgang