[NTG-context] OSFONTDIR in ConTeXt Standalone

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Oct 17 09:55:06 CEST 2013

On 10/16/2013 9:47 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 10/15/2013 11:50 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 10/15/2013 11:15 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> I simply don’t get why OSFONTDIR is set for Windows and MacOSX users and
>>> not for Linux users.
>>>
>>> Which is the reason for this difference?
>>
>> because on windows it's standardized and on linux it isn't so we would
>> end up in discussions about the right setting (and indeed we already had
>> those discussions)
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Hans.
>
> Wouldn’t it be possible to set more than one directory for Linux?
> (MacOSX has more than one.)

That should work already. Also, the fontconfig environment variable si
used.

> I want to avoid a discussion on orthodox settings for system font
> directory in Linux (it’s beyond both my knowledge and my interests). But
> specifying more than a directory could fix the issue.

Maybe ... we like to minimize the amount of useless file access, for
instance a (not connected) network path could slow down a run (each run).

> Many thanks for your help,

What does

\starttext
     \ctxlua{inspect(fonts.names.getpaths())}
\stoptext

show on the console?