[NTG-context] Simplefonts

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 15 11:26:10 CEST 2013

On 10/15/2013 10:41 AM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:

> The first example by Wolfgang works as it should
>
> \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
> \definefontfamily[mainface][mm][Neo Euler]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
> Text font $math font$ and $\sin(t) = \int_{0}^t \cos(\theta)d\theta$
> \stoptext
>
> Maybe I misunderstood something (that Neo Euler and eulernova isn't the
> same thing)?

You need to change this in type-imp-euler.mkiv

     \starttypescript [\s!math] [eulernova] [\s!name]
         \loadfontgoodies[euler-math]
         \definefontsynonym [MathRoman] [\s!file:euler.otf]
[\s!features=\s!math\mathsizesuffix]
     \stoptypescript

For Neo Euler a similar set up is generated at runtime by the selectfont
mechanism and that code has some hard coded settings for fonts like
these. Contrary to typescripts that can be changed and are loaded at
runtime, the selectfont heuristics are more frozen into the core.

Anyhow, eulernova used to be a virtual variant using the Neo Euler (we
used the name Nova before that but it's too close to other nova's so to
confusing). However, we now overlay fonts at a different place too so
that's where the weird () come from. The patch above is fixing this
(okay, as nobody is going to complete the virtual vectors anyway).

so, to summarize:

   \definefontfamily[mainface][mm][Neo Euler]

uses the selectont heuristics

   \definefontfamily[mainface][mm][eulernova]

uses the predefined euler setup, buit both boil down to the same end
result.