[NTG-context] Simplefonts

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 15 10:26:27 CEST 2013

On 10/15/2013 10:02 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:

> On 14 oct. 2013, at 19:38, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> […]
>> You can also use the predefined typescript which has the name “eulernova”:
>>
>> \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
>> \definefontfamily[mainface][mm][eulernova]
>>
>> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>>
>> \starttext
>> Text font $math font$
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks for this wonderful module and functionalities, and the very good tutorials you give us!
> Out of curiosity I tested the examples you sent, which all work perfetcly, but the above code with eulernova typescript seems not to give the expected result (using ConTeXt  ver: 2013.10.13 23:58 MKIV) on my installation: please see the attached PDF result of the following example:
>
> %%% begin Wolfgang's example
> \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
> \definefontfamily[mainface][mm][eulernova]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
> Text font $math font$ and $\sin(t) = \int_{0}^t \cos(\theta)d\theta$
> \stoptext
> %%% end Wolfgang's example

The 'h' in mathfont is a probably a bug in the font (planck constant
issue as unicode math has no italic h - sic) The large () puzzle me a
bit as one would expect small ones to start with.

But ... keep in mind that eulernova is unfinished. Although it is an
official (dante funded) project, we have to wait till Khaled has found
time for it which is probably less an issue with a few smal patched to
the font, but making it complete is large effort.

One complication is that euler is normally a mixed-in font, so there is
an upright/italic cq. distinction issue there that will always make
euler a font that should be used when the domain permits it.