[NTG-context] Simplefonts

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 19:38:32 CEST 2013

Am 14.10.2013 um 18:38 schrieb Prashanth <prash.n.rao at gmail.com>:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks for the update. I have a question, and I came across a bug.
>
> Question: I need some keywords in a distinctively different font, which I accomplished by defining \kword as "\definesimplefont[kword][DejaVu Mono][size=13pt]". I looked through font-sel.mkvi, but I did not see any way of implementing equivalents. (I still haven't learnt macros properly, though.) Can you please give me a hint on how I can do this with the latest fonts interface?

I’m not bringing it back but you can achieve the same by defining a new typeface/family and refer to a certain alternative of this typeface with the \classfont command.

\definefontfamily[keywords][ss][DejaVu Sans Mono]

\definefont[kword][\classfont{keywords}{Sans} at 13pt]

\definehighlight[keyword][style=kword]

\starttext
Text font \keyword{keyword font}
\stoptext

> Bug: I prefer Euler font for math. This does not seem to work with the latest fonts interface.

The name of the font is “Neo Euler”:

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
\definefontfamily[mainface][mm][Neo Euler]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
Text font $math font$
\stoptext

You can also use the predefined typescript which has the name “eulernova”:

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Pagella]
\definefontfamily[mainface][mm][eulernova]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
Text font $math font$
\stoptext