[NTG-context] Code Called Twice?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Oct 12 02:16:10 CEST 2013

On 10/12/2013 2:09 AM, Philipp Gesang wrote:

> Btw. the behavior of mfun_trial_run is not very intuitive. I’d
> expect it to work like \iftrialtypesetting, but in a single-pass
> context it evaluates to true:

keep in mind that one really needs to process the text in order to get
the dimensions right ... so trialtypesetting is something else

so, the trial run flag has to be used with care

also, texts are cached, so if you typeset for instance labels, 500 times
a '1' or '2' will only be typeset once (over the years lots of small
optimizations took place)