[NTG-context] Setting colour in \processisolatedwords sometimes fails

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Oct 10 14:37:42 CEST 2013

On 10/10/2013 11:29 AM, Marco Patzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> setting the colour in \processisolatedwords doesn't always work.
>
> \defineframed
>    [myframe]
>    [foregroundstyle=italic,
>     foregroundcolor=blue]
>
> \def\mycmd{\blue}
>
> \starttext
>    %% frame works
>    \myframe{foo bar}
>
>    %% colour works
>    \processisolatedwords{foo bar}\mycmd
>
>    %% style is applied, colour is ignored
>    \processisolatedwords{foo bar}\myframe
> \stoptext
>
> Why is the style applied but not the colour?

because we operate on snippets of boxes (so that one can have whatever
arguments)

I'll add this:

   \applytosplitstringchar      \myframe{eleven twelve}\par
   \applytosplitstringword      \myframe{eleven twelve}\par
   \applytosplitstringline      \myframe{eleven twelve}\par
   \applytosplitstringcharspaced\myframe{eleven twelve}\par
   \applytosplitstringwordspaced\myframe{eleven twelve}\par
   \applytosplitstringlinespaced\myframe{eleven twelve}\par

which operates on strings. Less robust but ok for simple strings like
your "foo bar".