[NTG-context] question about linespace adjustment

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 23:02:35 CEST 2013

Am 25.09.2013 um 21:54 schrieb Lars Huttar <lars_huttar at sil.org>:

> On 9/24/2013 5:25 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Lars Huttar wrote:
>>
>>> environment), and the second category only affects the "font" (and I'm
>>> still not clear on how the "body font" differs from the current font).
>>
>> (Sorry for the terse replies...)
>>
>> {\switchtobodyfont[14pt] Text $math$ \sans{Sans} \endgraf}
>>
>> {\tfc Text $math$ \sans{Sans} \endgraf}
>>
>> Aditya
>
> I don't know how this answers the above question. Can anybody explain?
>
> Clearly you're drawing a comparison between \switchtobodyfont[14pt] and
> \tfc.
> I've run the sample, and I see that, as in other samples earlier in this
> thread, \switchtobodyfont causes the interlinespace to be adjusted
> accordingly, and \tfc doesn't.
>
> Is that intended to be an answer to 'how the "body font" differs from
> the current font'? And is the answer that the bodyfont is a conglomerate
> of more properties than just the font, including interlinespace?

You can’t expect from \tfa etc. to change the interlinespace because these
commands can be used in your paragraphs to change the size of certain
words only and in this case you don’t want a forced change of the interlinespace.

To adapt the interlinespace when you now use \tfa etc. you have to add
\setupinterlinespace to your code (arguments aren’t needed) to tell context
to recalculate it.

<example>
\setuppapersize[A3]

\starttext

% Standard text size

\begingroup

\input ward

\endgroup

\blank

% Bigger font size with standard linespacing

\begingroup \tfd

\the\bodyfontsize

\input ward

\endgroup

\blank

% Bigger font size with adapted linespacing

\begingroup \tfd \setupinterlinespace

\input ward

\endgroup

\blank