[NTG-context] [***SPAM***] OT: Putting a context to the 2013 ConTeXt Meeting location

Pavneet Arora pavneet_arora at waroc.com
Thu Sep 19 02:11:25 CEST 2013

I am so disappointed that I cannot attend the upcoming ConTeXt meeting
in Brejlov, but as I type this I am remembering vividly the hospitality
and affection shown by all at the 2010 meeting, especially Pavel's
father, to this tee-totalling vegetarian---not something that lands up
at the Brejlov Inn too often, I imagine!

The reason for my absence this year is that I will be heading to India
shortly to conduct what is known as "antim yatra" (final journey) in
Hindi for my mother; I'll leave the details of what that implies to
those who wish to search on DuckDuckGo ;).

Anyway that is strictly an aside to this post.  You'll have to forgive
me if I am feeling sentimental, but Prague does, as it has throughout
its history, enter one's soul.  To walk through its streets is to be
smitten by it for life.  Recently I picked up a book that I would like
to share as it may help provide a context to those travelling through
Prague on their way to Brejlov.

Prague:  Capital of the Twentieth Century
A Surrealist History
by Derek Sayer

All the best to those who are attending.  I am envious!

Warm regards.

--
----
Pavneet Arora           m: 647.406.6843