[NTG-context] bug? gap appears in columnset

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Sep 17 16:47:58 CEST 2013

On 9/16/2013 11:29 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> I was advised to report the bug back to this list, with an even more
> minimized example.
> Here it is below.
> This bug occurs in both mkiv and mkii, in the latest versions (current
> beta).
>
> |\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]
>
> \definecolumnset[columnset1][n=2]
> \setupcolumnset[columnset1][distance=5mm,balance=yes]
>
> \starttext
>
> \section{Introduction}
> \startcolumnset[columnset1]
>      \dorecurse {7} { \input knuth }
> \stopcolumnset
>
> \section{Bibliography}
> \setupinterlinespace[line=9.3pt]
> \startcolumnset[columnset1]
>      \dorecurse {10} { \input knuth }
> \stopcolumnset
>
> \stoptext
>

> Note the gap across both columns on p. 3, about 3/4 of the way down.
> Any suggestions for a workaround would be appreciated.

Just wondering ... do you think that the first pages look ok? You mess
with the interlinespace in a way that will make the outcome never look
okay. Also, columnsets assume that the interlinespace is sane.

\setbox0\hbox{Tg}\the\htdp0,\the\baselineskip

gives

10.59601pt,9.3pt

so, any line that has a character with ascender and descender will
enforce a larger than 9.3pt distance + lineskip and mess up any
prediction cq. heuristics