[NTG-context] bug? gap appears in columnset

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Sep 17 00:32:35 CEST 2013

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Lars Huttar wrote:

> I was advised to report the bug back to this list, with an even more
> minimized example.
> Here it is below.
> This bug occurs in both mkiv and mkii, in the latest versions (current
> beta).
>
> |\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]
>
> \definecolumnset[columnset1][n=2]
> \setupcolumnset[columnset1][distance=5mm,balance=yes]
>
> \starttext
>
> \section{Introduction}
> \startcolumnset[columnset1]
>    \dorecurse {7} { \input knuth }
> \stopcolumnset
>
> \section{Bibliography}
> \setupinterlinespace[line=9.3pt]
> \startcolumnset[columnset1]
>    \dorecurse {10} { \input knuth }
> \stopcolumnset
>
> \stoptext
>

> Note the gap across both columns on p. 3, about 3/4 of the way down.
> Any suggestions for a workaround would be appreciated.

Any particular reason you are using columnsets rather than \startcolumns
or \startmixedcolumns. Columnsets are for specialized layout requirements,
and in my experience, mixing columnsets with text that is not in
columnsets is a bit tricky.

\startsetups normal
\setupinterlinespace[line=12pt]
\stopsetups

\startsetups tight
\setupinterlinespace[line=9.3pt]
\stopsetups
\setupmixedcolumns[distance=5mm, balance=yes]

\starttext
\section{Introduction}
\startmixedcolumns[setups=normal]
    \dorecurse {7} { \input knuth }
\stopmixedcolumns

\section{Bibliography}

\startmixedcolumns[setups=tight]
    \dorecurse {10} { \input knuth }
\stopmixedcolumns

Aditya (not sure why the interlinespacing is not working)