[NTG-context] Another small \underbar issue

Pavneet Arora pavneet_arora at waroc.com
Thu Sep 12 18:02:49 CEST 2013

I just noticed the recent issue brought up regarding \underbar, and
wanted to mention a curiosity that I have come across.

After "RE: " the underbar is contiguous.  However, if we change it to
"Re: " there is a break in the underbar.  This seems independent of font
selected, althought I have only tried it was gentiumalt, texgyreschola,
texgyretermes.  I was writing a business letter recently and used what I
think is proper, "Re: ", for the subject line.  It was only then that I
came across this.  Is there an explanation for this?

On a slight tangent, what would be the best way to tighten up the space
between the "\hl" or "\fillinline" alternative, and the name of the
signatory?

Thanks.

MWE:

\setuppapersize[letter]
\setuplayout[header=0in,footer=0in,topspace=0.75in,height=9.5in,backspace=1.5in,width=5.5in]
\setuppagenumbering[location=]
\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[texgyretermes]
\setupbodyfont[roman,12pt]
\setupinterlinespace[line=3.2ex]
\setupwhitespace[big]

\starttext
\
\blank[2in]
\blank[big]
Dear Sir/Madam,
\blank[big]
\startalignment[middle]
\underbar{RE: Something important that I am writing about}
\underbar{Re: Something important that I am writing about}
\stopalignment
\blank
\input lorem
\blank[1in]