[NTG-context] captions in float combinations

Marco Patzer lists at homerow.info
Sun Sep 8 12:33:04 CEST 2013

On 2013–09–08 Robert Blackstone wrote:

> In my project I have all figure captions located above the figure.
> How can I move also these subcaptions to the top, to a position
> just below the main caption?

As far as I can see, this is not supported by the combination
mechanism because the captions in combinations are not implemented
using the float captions mechanism.

What you can do instead, is using a float caption and a float
combination, which will respect the global caption setups.

\useMPlibrary [dum]

\definefloat
  [combinationfloat]
  [combinationfloats]
  [figure]

\setupcaption
  [combinationfloat]
  [number=no]

\setupcaptions
  %% [location=bottom]
  [location=top]

\starttext
  \startplacefigure [title=Foobar]
    \startfloatcombination [2*2]
      \startplacecombinationfloat [title=alpha] \externalfigure \stopplacecombinationfloat
      \startplacecombinationfloat [title=beta]  \externalfigure \stopplacecombinationfloat
      \startplacecombinationfloat [title=gamma] \externalfigure \stopplacecombinationfloat
      \startplacecombinationfloat [title=delta] \externalfigure \stopplacecombinationfloat
    \stopfloatcombination
  \stopplacefigure
\stoptext

Marco