[NTG-context] installing two ConTeXt trees

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 15:08:06 CEST 2013

On 3 sept. 2013, at 10:50, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 9/3/2013 9:31 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
>> […]
>> Thanks Hans for your attention, but saying
>> 	texexec --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1" --purge
>>
>> or
>> 	context --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1" --purge
>>
>> removes also the synctex.gz file and one loses the synctex functionality which is essential for me.
>
> i've added a test: if --synctex is given or the first line has
>
> % synctex=zipped|unzipped|1|-1|yes
>
> then the synctex file is not deleted

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the quick modification…
I tested the new beta, and indeed using mkiv and
	context --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1" --purge

the synctex.gz file is not anymore deleted (however a utility file [file-name].tuc remains).

I noticed also that using mkii and
	texexec --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1" --purge

does delete the synctex.gz file, but this is expected since mkii is frozen and no change has effect ont it.

Best regards: OK