[NTG-context] installing two ConTeXt trees

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 19:54:06 CEST 2013

Hi Alan,

Using TeXShop on MacOS X you can create two files named « mkiv-stable.engine » and « mkiv-testing.engine » and put them in the folder

	Library/TeXShop/Engines

The first file « mkiv-stable.engine » contains the following:
	#!/bin/bash

	source [path-to-your-context-minimal-stable-folder]/tex/setuptex
	context --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1"

and the second file « mkiv-testing.engine » contains
	#!/bin/bash

	source [path-to-your-context-minimal-testing-folder]/tex/setuptex
	context --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1"

(personnaly I add also
	rm -f *.tui *.log *.tuo *.xdv *.mp *.tmp *.top *-mpgraph.* *-mpgraph-temp.dvi *.tuc
at the end of each of the files to remove auxiliary files, but you must be careful with removing such files as *.mp…).

Then when you open anew TeXShop, you'll see in a small menu on top of each of your TeX file where you can choose to typeset your file with either mkiv-stable or mkiv-testing.
Or you can add at the top of your TeX file the following line:
	%!TEX TS-program = mkiv-stable
or
	%!TEX TS-program = mkiv-testing

In case you would like to use mkii you should replace the line
	context --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1"
with
	texexec --autogenerate --synctex=1 "$1"
and create an engine file named « mkii.engine »
That's it.
I hope this would be useful to you.
Best regards: OK