[NTG-context] Making font smaller in \starttyping environment?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 18:44:57 CEST 2013

Am 31.08.2013 um 18:35 schrieb Mari Voipio <mari.voipio at iki.fi>:

> Hello,
>
> I know I should be able to do it (and think I've done it once upon a
> time), but how do I change the font size just for \tt and for
> \starttyping \stoptyping environment?
>
> I have no problems with the font used, I just want my typed text to be
> a tad smaller (like \tfx for that font).
>
> Once again I feel very bewildered in the font land…

When you want a smaller size for the monospaced font you can use the rscale
key from \definetypeface.

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [modern] [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [modern] [default] [rscale=0.95]

\starttext
Serif text and {\tt monospaced text.}
\stoptext

The font (and also the font size) for the verbatim block could be changed with
the \setuptyping command, e.g.

  \setuptyping[bodyfont=11pt]

or

  \setuptyping[style=small]