[NTG-context] texlive vs. Context minimal on Windows

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Sat Aug 31 15:26:48 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM, john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> when a user downloads Context Minimals on a Windows partition what must
> they do to run the programs such as context and mtxrun? Go to a text
> console?

In Windows it is called Command Prompt, but yes. Unless you also
install a ConTeXt compatible editor like SciTe.

Don't know if TeXLive for Windows contains an editor that works with
the distribution's ConTeXt - in that case it might be a smarter choice
despite being slightly outdated.
I must admit that I haven't tried TeXLive on my Windows machine, I
follow my own advice
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Windows_Installation:_ConTeXt_Suite_with_SciTe)
and run ConTeXt Suite with SciTe.

BTW, why minimals and not the full ConTeXt Suite (the one called
earlier standalone)? I mean that if you are prepared to install
TeXLive, this shouldn't be a space issue. Just curious...

Regards,

Mari