[NTG-context] texlive vs. Context minimal on Windows

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Aug 31 14:43:15 CEST 2013

I know that Context Minimals is more up to date than texlive, which is
updated yearly. But texlive when installed on Windows adds a menu
under "programs" that is very handy for beginners.

I don't have an internet conection for my windows partition. (Some
nonsense about a driver for my ethernet board.) So I ask the question:
when a user downloads Context Minimals on a Windows partition what must
they do to run the programs such as context and mtxrun? Go to a text
console?

I am writing a book about using Context for novels, so my question is
not idle. About 90% of my audience will be using Windows.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press