[NTG-context] Em dash using Hoefler

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 13:02:58 CEST 2013

Am 20.08.2013 um 11:52 schrieb Marco Patzer <lists at homerow.info>:

> On 2013–08–20 Marco Patzer wrote:
>
>> On 2013–08–19 Martin Moncrieffe wrote:
>>
>>> Hopefully, this is the correct list for this question.  I'm trying
>>> to typeset documents using the font Hoefler on MacOSX (10.8.4)
>>> with ConTeXt 2013.05.28 from the TeXlive 2013 distribution.  All
>>> works, but unfortunately, em dashes are not typeset correctly;
>>> there are three dashes instead of a continuous line.
>>
>> The font (at least my version) does not contain an em dash in slot
>> U+2014.
>
> I checked a different version of the font (1.000) and it works. It
> seems you're using a version not containing an em dash.

I can reproduce Martins problem but when I write – (Alt + -) and — (Alt + Shift + -)
both symbols appear in the output.

I checked the font (Hoefler Text.ttc on Mac OS 10.8.4) and it contains a emdash
at slot 2014 but its named “emdash.standard”. There is also a character with
the name “emdash” in the font at slot F0010.

>> I get the same result here. However, if I compile with
>>
>>  context --jit myfile.tex
>>
>> I get Latin Modern instead of Hoefler. From the log file:
>>
>>  fonts  > defining > font with asked name 'hoeflertext' is not found using lookup 'name'
>>  fonts  > defining > unknown font 'hoeflertext', loading aborted
>>  fonts  > defining > unable to define 'hoeflertext' as 'hoefler-12pt-rm-tf-0--0'
>
> This problem persists. Can someone reproduce this?

Fails here with the following error message:

mtx-context     | redirect texlua -> luajittex: luajittex --luaonly "/Users/wolf/context/beta/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/mtxrun" --script context --jit test.tex --redirectedCan't create the Lua state.

Wolfgang